1. Sauté onion on medium heat until soft and clear, when the onion is half done add chipotle and continue to fry, once onion is done add the garlic cook and for about a minute more. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Seal chicken in the same pan over a high heat, add salt and pepper. The chicken does not need to cook, this is just to add flavour. Transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Add tomato to the same pan and bring to boil. Transfer to slow cooker. Add bay leaf to slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hrs or until chicken is falling apart.
4. Once chicken is falling apart, stir with a fork to break chicken up. Add par boiled potato and leave for a further ½ hr (you don’t want the potato to overcook and fall apart).
5. Use as a topping on Sopes or melt cheese in a tortilla and serve as a quesadilla