- boil the potato & carrot until al dente, don’t over do it as they will be fried again later. Drain then cover the vegetables in cold water, add the vinegar stir and set aside.
- Heat a dry pan and toast the chiles lightly, turning constantly so they don’t burn. Cover with hot water water and leave to soak for 10 mins
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, using about 1 1/2 cups of the water used to soak the chilies.
- Warm tortillas and set aside in a tortillero. Heat AUD casinos a little of the lard in a fry pan, when it is sizzling, dip each tortilla into the raw sauce and fry quickly on both sides. The tortilla should be lightly covered in sauce, if the sauce is too thick you can dilute it with a little more water.
- Fold each tortilla in half and pile on a serving dish & keep warm.
- Add a little more lard and fry the chicken pieces until beginning to brown, add the vegetables and fry until all are golden, you can add a little more sauce as you go. The idea is everything is fried and lightly covered in sauce.
- Serve 3-4 tortillas per plate, topped with the vegetables, queso, onion and sourcream. Add 2 pieces of chicken to each plate and a handful of lettuce on the side.